25 people are interested
Walk to End Alzheimer's - Howard County Planning Committee
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
Please visit the new page to apply.
25 people are interested
Are you passionate about putting an end to Alzheimer's disease? Do you want to get more involved with the Alzheimer's Association and the Walk to End Alzheimer's? Then we need you! Join your local Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee and help grow the movement to end Alzheimer's from the ground up.
Committee members plan each Walk to End Alzheimer's event from the kick-off to the wrap-up. Activities of your local subcommittees include the following:
- Community Engagement Committee - Marketing, Outreach, Community Events, Team Recruitment, Team Retention, AIM-Advocacy, Mission
- Event Experience Committee - Planning for the Day of the Event, Event Set-Up and Logistics, Event Volunteer Guidance/Coaching, Event Route Coverage, Planning of Continuing Engagement Events
- Executive Leadership Team/Committee (ELT) - This small group of senior organization leaders and business owners have strong ties to other community leaders and other businesses, and are willing to network on our Walk's behalf to assist with building new relationships that may result in Walk sponsorships, company teams and more. ELT members are also willing to be Walk sponsors and form a Walk team.
Work with your Walk staff partner to select a subcommittee that best fits your skills and interests. You will receive resources and participate in an orientation to receive training on the basics of Alzheimer's disease, learn about Association programs and services, and receive an introduction to the Walk event model. Key Roles available within the subcommittees include Walk Chair, Event Experience Chair and Community Engagement Chair.
Committee meetings generally held once a month and, at this time, are being held virtually.
Walk Planning Committee members are also expected to start or join a Walk to End Alzheimer’s team at alz.org/Maryland/Walk to raise awareness and funds. Together, we can create a memorable and moving event experience for participants.
About Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
502 Washington Ave, Suite 300, Towson, MD 21204, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association offers a 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) to provide information and advice in more than 170 languages, over 60 support groups in Greater Maryland that provide a safe and confidential enviroment for conversation, support, guidance and resources, a variety of education programs for families, professionals and individuals facing dementia, safety services for people with Alzheimer's who wander, early stage engagement programs, care consulations and referrals for services to aid those living with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocary, fighting for critical research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal levels.
Multiple locations Ellicott City, MD 21043
December 15, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Strategic Planning
- 4-5 hours monthly