41 people are interested
Blood Drive Volunteer, help save lives.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties
Please visit the new page to apply.
41 people are interested
Help Save Lives by supporting San Diego area Blood Drives!
The Red Cross provides 40% of the US blood supply. Thanks to the generosity of blood donors and volunteers giving their time in this activity to ensure blood drive events are run successfully.
- Greet blood donors and help donors check-in using our tablets or laptops
- Engage and socialize with blood donors to inspire future blood donations
- Help answer FAQ about blood donations
- Manage donor flow in waiting areas.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
- Able to commit to 3-6 months minimum.
- 1-2 shifts per month, each shift is 6 hours long.
- Weekday availability is a MUST.
- Weekend shifts are currently unavailable.
- Must have one full weekday available, as shift times vary, and shifts cannot be split.
- Blood drive locations vary across San Diego County.
- Reliable transportation to and from blood drive sites.
- After orientation, volunteers will have access to an online calendar and can schedule themselves for the shifts and locations of choice.
About American Red Cross of San Diego/Imperial Counties
3950 Calle Fortunada, San Diego, CA 92123, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member, veteran, or support to a military family member. Our vital work is made possible by volunteers like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Blood Drives Across San Diego CountySan Diego, CA 92123
April 22, 2022
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours per month (1 blood drive shift), minimum.
- Must wear a mask during shifts. Some partner sites continue to require full COVID-19 vaccination.