4 people are interested
Business Systems Developer
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Greenstand is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that develops mobile technology for better reforestation. Our Treetracker app allows tree growers all over the world earn a living and pull themselves out of poverty by growing and tracking trees. More information about the app and how it works can be found at Greenstand.org.
We are looking for a Business Systems Specialist to support our business development and operations teams in the creation of organizational tools and an internal knowledge/task base.
- You are self-motivated and able to work primarily independently (with support from the business development team as needed).
- You are a strong communicator in the tech and operations space. You should be able to explain tech concepts to operations contributors and vice versa.
- You can commit at least 5 hours per week, although 10+ hours would be ideal.
- You are a strong developer with experience in multiple API languages.
In return for your support, we can offer:
- Letter confirming your volunteer hours and projects
- Professional reference(s)
- Valuable experience gained & leadership opportunities
- Engagement with a team of global professionals
Please fill out this form and a Greenstander will get back to you shortly: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeEmwekGZ5tcc5sVhsgMDf-KEDBMtZYoCYAmxyxrOPv5w0WKA/viewform
You can also check out our code here: https://github.com/Greenstand/Development-Overview
721 Depot Drive, ANCHORAGE, AK 99501, US
Greenstand is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization developing open-source technology to address climate change and alleviate poverty through digitizing environmental goods and services. We are made up of about 505 contributors across the globe. Our Treetracker app verifies and tracks individual trees, thus creating transparency in the reforestation sphere. Organizations and donors can locate individual trees and trade their ecological impact. By facilitating ownership of trees and their ecological services, Greenstand allows for tree-growing organizations to stay accountable.
Greenstand develops mobile technology for better forestation techniques. Through our Treetracker app, rural smallholder farmers in some of the most remote communities on the planet are able to earn a sustainable income by planting, caring for, and tracking trees. Each tree grower takes a geotagged photo of their tree and uploads it to the Treetracker’s verification system, where Greenstanders verify that each photographed tree is alive and growing. Verified trees are digitized as Impact Tokens, which can be traded or sold among other Impact Wallet users within the Treetracker app.
Nasiyan was one of our first Treetracker. A single mother living with extreme visual and hearing impairments, she could barely afford to keep food on the table for herself and her three sons. However, since she began growing and tracking trees with Greenstand, her life has been looking up. Her young forest has become a small biodiversity hotspot, and with the income she has earned from tracking trees, she can now afford to send her boys to school.
Are you interested in helping us fight climate change and extreme poverty? We’re interested in you! Please check out our open opportunities or shoot us an email at email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 4, 2022
- Software Engineering
- Software Development
- 5 hours per week minimum. 10+ hours per week preferred.
- Must be self-driven, a natural problem solver, and comfortable working with non-technical users to develop business solutions.