Peer Mentorship Program Manager
Girls Are Powerful Organization
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Girls Are Powerful is launching phase one of its peer mentorship pilot program: Empowering Girls. Participants will be girls in middle school (6 th -8 th grade) connected together to learn from and lead each other. The program pilot is set to launch in spring 2021.
This Program Manager will oversee all aspects of the peer mentorship program planning and launch. This role will lead a small team of volunteers in creating program goals and objectives, oversee program design and marketing and launch of the program. The Program Manager will collaborate, communicate and report out to the Mentorship Advisory Board on an ongoing basis to ensure consistent vision alignment and escalate issues and/or concerns as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing program guidelines and make appropriate changes to enhance program effectiveness.
- Generating new and innovative GRP peer mentorship program initiatives
- Communicating program milestones and results to participants and advisory board
- Ensuring mentoring groups are supported with tools, resources and problem solving
- Marketing the mentoring program to generate interest in participation and gain support
- Overseeing Volunteer Coordinator, Content Developer and Evaluation Team
- Performing other duties that may arise from the mentoring program that are necessary for program success
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Experience leading teams and launching programs or long-term projects
- Knowledge of basic marketing tactics
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal laptop/phone
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organized (note that role is supported by project manager overseeing timelines and organization of workstreams)
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community.Availability:
If you are interested in this position, please forward your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
About Girls Are Powerful Organization
P.O. Box 280462, St. Paul, MN 55128, US
To build and enhance the self esteem of girls and young women by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their natural qualities of beauty, uniqueness, confidence, intellect and determination.
Girls Are Powerful is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a social mission to empower girls to foster strength of character, change the way they view and feel about themselves and embrace their unique individuality. Through our key initiatives we work to carry out our vision to "support and create a generation of girls and young women who are confident, maintain positive relationships, make positive decisions and exhibit responsible behaviors by embracing their power."