Peer Mentorship Volunteer Coordinator
Girls Are Powerful Organization
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
Girls Are Powerful is launching phase one of its peer mentorship pilot program: Empowering Girls. Participants will be girls in middle school (6 th -8 th grade) connected together to learn from and lead each other. The program pilot is set to launch in spring 2021.
The Volunteer Coordinator will lead volunteer recruiting and coordination for the mentorship program. This role will establish connections with potential volunteers as well as onboard and support volunteers committed to the program. As well as organize and oversee training of volunteers by adapting program content created by the Mentorship Program Content Developer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating training of mentorship program volunteers, including facilitating volunteer training/orientation
- Recruiting needed volunteers for peer mentorship program
- Collaborating with the Content Developer to develop mentorship content
- Providing ongoing support to program volunteers once onboarded
- Collaborating with Program Manager, Content Developer, Project Manager and Evaluation Team
- Performing other duties that may arise from the mentoring program that are necessary for program success
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Passion for people, establishing connections and growing relationships
- Previous experience training and managing people
- Knowledge of basic recruiting methods
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal laptop/phone
- Capacity to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organized (note that role is supported by project manager overseeing timelines and organization of workstreams)
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community.Availability:
If you are interested in this position, please forward your letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Girls Are Powerful Organization
P.O. Box 280462, St. Paul, MN 55128, US
To build and enhance the self esteem of girls and young women by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their natural qualities of beauty, uniqueness, confidence, intellect and determination.
Girls Are Powerful is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a social mission to empower girls to foster strength of character, change the way they view and feel about themselves and embrace their unique individuality. Through our key initiatives we work to carry out our vision to "support and create a generation of girls and young women who are confident, maintain positive relationships, make positive decisions and exhibit responsible behaviors by embracing their power."