Assistant Director of Member Engagement at Code for San Jose
Code for America
About Code for San Jose:
Code for San Jose is an all-volunteer organization. We are a chapter of Code for America.
As a chapter, we focus on civic innovation and government technology. We welcome everyone interested in solving community problems through technology, user experience research, and community partnerships.
Our mission is to make community services more transparent, accessible, and equitable by collaborating with local government and other community-based organizations on civic projects.
We have over 30 active volunteers with over 8 active projects. Our leadership team consists of 9 other directors, 2 executive directors and 6 project leaders.
As a group, we meet every other Thursday at 6:30 PM PST to sync up and work on projects.
About the Role:
Assistant Director of Member Engagement’s Goals:
- Assist the Director of Member Engagement
- Retain our members by keeping them engaged and up-to-date
- Increase awareness about events and projects
Assistant Director of Member Engagement’s Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Member Engagement by
- Help organize social events
- Help keep the CFSJ website up-to-date
- Help organize specialty group meetings (i.e. frontend engineering, design, etc.)
- Help coordinating a routine volunteer spotlight
- Help building relationships with new volunteers in order to keep them engaged with Code for San Jose
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in please join our Slack channel:
We will connect with you via Slack.
Find more information:
- Our active projects:
- Our website:
- Our meetup page:
About Code for America
155 9TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103, US
Code for America helps governments work better for everyone with the people and the power of the web. Through our Fellowship , Accelerator , and Brigade , we're building a network of cities, citizens, community groups, and startups, all equally committed to reimagining government for the 21st century.
Code for America is a new non-profit, and a new kind of organization. Our team is made up of web geeks, city experts, and technology industry leaders. We are building a network of civic leaders and organizations who believe there is a better way of doing things and want to make a difference.