Certified Accountant for Non-profit
Friends of the Library, Marilyn J. Praisner Inc.
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Duties of the Accountant Treasurer
- Must be local in order to pick-up money from book sales and deposit in Friends of the Library (FOL) account
- Make deposits of sales, dues, and donations income in FOL Account
- Maintain FOL account balance sheets and receipts on all accounts
- Pay bills and reimburse expenses authorized by the Executive Board
- Pay requests for funds from the Marilyn J. Praisner Library Staff that have been approved by Executive Board
- Make timely payments: local taxes to Comptroller of Maryland and Montgomery County (bag tax) FOLMC new member dues share
- File 990-Ns, 1099s, Exempt Organization Fund-Raising Notices, Annual Report and Personal Property Return Form 1, or any other tax reports as necessary
- Provide IRS forms on request to the public
- Prepare a yearly FOL budget based upon previous year donations, sales of books, membership, and other sources
- Provide routine periodic financial reports as required for the Praisner Friends of the Library (FOL)
- Prepare and submit Annual Financial Report to the Montgomery County (MC) FOL
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Friends of the Library, Marilyn J. Praisner Inc.
14910 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866, US
Our Marilyn J Praisner Chapter, Friends of the Library Goal: Supports the needs of our Marilyn J Praisner Library that are not covered thru the Montgomery County Library budget How do we do this? Membership drives - various levels of financial support Fund Raising - Monthly book sales and book sale cart Who are we? Library patrons from Eastern Montgomery County and Marilyn J Praisner Library What do we do? Sponsor programs requested by the Marilyn J Praisner Staff Music programs, for over 9 years Funds for the Marilyn J Praisner Discovery Room Landscape - weeding, mulching, and maintaining the gardens around the library Staff support and Appreciation
The Marilyn J Praisner Chapter, Friends of the Library supports the needs of our Marilyn J Praisner Library that are not covered thru the Montgomery County Library budget.