Event Manager for a Youth Activism Conference
The Weaving Lab
Youth by Youth (YxY): A 3-day online dialogue series by young people for young people around the central question "What if young people designed the future of education?" taking place on January 22nd to 24th, 2021.
YxY is the first iteration of an annual event with the goal of creating a global community of youth activists working to influence and transform their education systems and learning from one another in this process.
Our desired outcomes are the following:
1)Activating and/or accelerating young people's conscious activism - How? By...
- Learning from young activists that are impacting education for the better
- Supporting them to recruit other people and create "Imagination & Action Circles"
2)Creating a connected cohort of passionate agents of change - How? By...
- Creating opportunities for them to build friendships through aligned values, shared experiences, and openness
- Enabling them to communicate, support, and learn with and from one another beyond YxY
3) Enabling young people to design and transform their education (from personal to systemic) - How? By...
- Giving them the foundational tools to go from conversation to effective action, notably on how to influence different decision-makers (e.g. parent, teacher, school, policy)
- Supporting and learning from one another's successes and challenges, to continuously become more effective as a learning community
Your role as a YxY volunteer would be to support our team with event coordination and management. At present, there are over 40 confirmed sessions with young people and youth organizations from around the world. You might also support our effort to get funded (if we do, we aim to remunerate all our volunteers)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Weaving Lab
738 Webster St, Amsterdam, Netherlands 94301, NL
The Weaving Lab is growing the field of weaving - deepening its practice, advancing research, and strengthening the community of practitioners - so that together, we can effect systems change that enable people and planet thrive.
Weaving is an emerging practice of leadership that creates thriving communities, continuously aligning, learning and collaborating together toward a shared purpose.