Volunteer - Curriculum Writer
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
At Tomorrowsmith Foundation, we offer challenging and rewarding work with career development and internal mobility opportunities - all within a friendly and inclusive culture. We are seeking dedicated Curriculum Writing Volunteers to create an engaging teacher development curriculum. You will work closely with the founders to develop learning strategies tailored to help improve specific teaching skills. We’re looking for people with hustle, empathy, and a desire to do something meaningful.
As a Volunteer- Curriculum Writer, you will be responsible for managing, curating, and writing educational content that aligns with the strategic direction of the company.
- Develop, create, review, and optimize engaging and high-quality training curriculum for given topics in a timely manner.
- Write training sessions that are interactive, inclusive, and engaging.
- Create and curate training tools to support the sessions.
- Collaborate with the founders to define and execute the project.
- Align the training to the company’s strategic goals and core values.
- Attend online meetings for ideation and revisions.
The ideal volunteer will have the following:
- A degree/certificate in education and a deep understanding of pedagogy and instructional design.
- 1-3 years of experience in teaching or writing curriculum.
- A fair understanding of the education sector in India.
- Knowledge of how to leverage technology to create meaningful and effective learning experiences.
- The mindset to approach education through an equity lens and through culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Ability to shift between a high-level, strategic vision as you ideate and plan and a more detail-oriented mode as you write and execute.
- Creativity to craft engaging, effective, and inclusive content.
- Excellent writing and research skills and a growth mindset.
What you gain:
You will be able to take great pride in helping us empower teachers by building their skills, motivation, and social capital. Not only will your volunteer time at Tomorrowsmith Foundation help you strengthen skills that you use in your professional life, but it will also provide you with a sense of satisfaction that you are making a difference in the education landscape of the country.
A certificate and a letter of recommendation at the successful completion of the internship.
About Tomorrowsmith Foundation
E-5 Jains Eiffel Garden, 89 & 90 Arcot Road, Vadapalani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600024, IN
Transforming Education by Elevating Teaching
Tomorrowsmith Foundation is a Chennai-based non-profit company established under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2003. We are a mission-driven, innovative, learning-focused organization created to improve the quality of learning experiences for all children in India. We focus on creating high-quality, cost-effective, demand-driven, and scalable solutions to address the challenges in the education ecosystem.