Volunteer - Website Design Consultant
Tomorrowsmith Foundation is seeking a motivated and experienced web-designing volunteer to help the foundation create an attractive and intuitive website to increase the profile of the foundation, its mission, and impact on the community as well as serve as a recruitment and development tool.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Redesign the website on WordPress or site builder and publish it based on the foundation’s needs.
* Creating visually appealing pages that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
* Design and develop the front-end and back-end components.
* Maintain the website or teach staff how to do so.
The ideal volunteer will have
- knowledge of current web standards
- an understanding of the needs and challenges of developing a non-profit website.
- an understanding of site architecture, usability, and basic interface design principles.
- familiarity with common web design platforms like WordPress and SiteBuilder This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about a career in Information Technology and is perfect for someone who is looking to bring about a transformation in teaching and learning in India. The primary purpose of this position is to build and maintain the Tomorrowsmith Website so that it meets the needs of all our beneficiaries, including preservice teachers, practicing teachers, school leaders, teacher trainers, donors, and parents. You will be able to take great pride in helping us empower teachers by building their skills, motivation, and social capital. Not only will your volunteer time at Tomorrowsmith Foundation help you strengthen skills that you use in your professional life, but it will also provide you with a sense of satisfaction that you are making a difference in the education landscape of the country. The Foundation has a functional website that needs redesigning on WordPress or Site Builder to reach all our beneficiaries, including preservice teachers, practicing teachers, school leaders, teacher trainers, donors, and parents.
The deliverables would include:
- Analysis of the foundation's desired features and website capabilities, as well as their ability to maintain the site.
- Research to populate a Requirements Brief with enough information to inform the creation of the site.
- Content Audit, Content Outline, and Content Delivery Plan.
- Creation of draft architecture and design options (wireframes, site structure, and visual elements) that incorporate the nonprofit’s existing visual identity (logo), key messages, and other copy.
- Design and develop the front-end and back-end components.
- Maintain the website or teaching staff how to do so.
About Tomorrowsmith Foundation
E-5 Jains Eiffel Garden, 89 & 90 Arcot Road, Vadapalani, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600024, IN
Transforming Education by Elevating Teaching
Tomorrowsmith Foundation is a Chennai-based non-profit company established under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2003. We are a mission-driven, innovative, learning-focused organization created to improve the quality of learning experiences for all children in India. We focus on creating high-quality, cost-effective, demand-driven, and scalable solutions to address the challenges in the education ecosystem.