Befriending Special Persons (Hearts@Work)
Catholic Welfare Services, Singapore
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Hearts@Work is an initiative launched to provide continual developmental support for adults with intellectual challenges. The training program covers vocational skills, social skills, work approach, and social etiquette.
Befriender plays an important role to develop a friendship with the trainees, helping them to strengthen the social and communication skills
Key roles and responsibilities
- The Befriender is responsible to work closely with the trainees by paying attention and providing assistance during the trainee's in-house work assignments.
- Helping in the sheltered workshop by assisting to pack, check, and count the total number of completed products/stock at the end of each volunteering session.
How to apply & procedure for Volunteers to go through
- Interested volunteer can sign up as official volunteers with Catholic Welfare Services via http://catholicwelfare.org.sg/vms/volunteersignup (please select Hearts@Work for the location)
- An interview will be conducted with the shortlisted Volunteers (to assess suitability and motivation).
- More details will be shared during the interview session.
- Please feel free to email to Ms. Lily Wee; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , if you have any questions.
About Catholic Welfare Services, Singapore
55 Waterloo Street #06-01, Central, - 187954, SG
Catholic Welfare Services Mission CWS is dedicated to the Preciousness and Dignity of Life. We journey with people-in-need to live life to the fullest.
About Catholic Welfare Services
The works of CWS began in 1959 with a simple food relief programme to provide food for the poor. Today, CWS has grown to be the Action Arm of the Catholic Church of Singapore, initiating, assisting, coordinating and carrying out social services to alleviate poverty and distress among the people of Singapore, regardless of race or creed.