Catholic Welfare Services, Singapore
Key roles and responsibilities
How to apply & procedure for Volunteers to go through
- The Medical Escort will be paired to 1 elderly resident at St. Vincent Home.
- He/she is responsible for fetching the elderly residents at St. Vincent Home and accompanies them to Polyclinic/ Hospital for their scheduled appointment checkup for test/ review.
- To translate doctor diagnosis/explanation to the elderly residents according to their preferred language
- To ask doctor question (such as finding out the reason if the doctor recommends or suggest the elderly resident go for a test/ operation) and etc. (however, the elderly resident will make the final decision).
- To collect the medicines and to request a list of medication list from the pharmacy (to pass it to the supervisor).
- To accompany the elderly residents back to St. Vincent Home
- To provide a summary and the list of medical concerns instructed by the doctor to the Supervisor.
- Interested volunteer can sign up as official volunteers with Catholic Welfare Services via http://catholicwelfare.org.sg/vms/volunteersignup (please select St. Vincent Home for the location)
- An interview will be conducted with the shortlisted Volunteers (to assess suitability and motivation).
- More details will be shared during the interview session.
- Please feel free to email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
About Catholic Welfare Services, Singapore
55 Waterloo Street #06-01, Central, - 187954, SG
Catholic Welfare Services Mission CWS is dedicated to the Preciousness and Dignity of Life. We journey with people-in-need to live life to the fullest.
About Catholic Welfare Services
The works of CWS began in 1959 with a simple food relief programme to provide food for the poor. Today, CWS has grown to be the Action Arm of the Catholic Church of Singapore, initiating, assisting, coordinating and carrying out social services to alleviate poverty and distress among the people of Singapore, regardless of race or creed.