4 people are interested
Public Health Internship - Arthritis Foundation Sarasota
4 people are interested
Arthritis Foundation- Sarasota
Public Health Internship
The Arthritis Foundation is seeking an energetic and passionate public health intern to assist with the growth of the Live Yes! Arthritis Network through working with patients and health care providers in the greater Sarasota area.
Our team of dedicated professionals and volunteers are leading the fight for the arthritis community and helping to conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and building community connections.
- Conduct market and prospect research
- Partner with volunteers to organize and execute patient educational programs
- Assist with growth of Arthritis Connect Groups
- Help plan and execute Juvenile Arthritis initiatives, including summer camps, family retreat weekends and JA Days
- Assist with educational program grant writing
- Ensure healthcare practices have necessary Arthritis Foundation materials
- Assist in recruiting new health care providers to become involved with the Arthritis Foundation
- Build partnerships with local medical societies/associations and medical/nursing schools
- Assist with increasing participation in patient reported outcome assessment, Live Yes! Insights
- Communicate mission activities with constituents
- Assist in local advocacy efforts
- Promote the Arthritis Foundation’s mission throughout the community
- Assist with administrative projects as needed
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Internet savvy with regular and consistent computer and internet access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, with keen attention to details
- Must be able to work in a group and independently
- Open to local travel with reliable transportation
The Fall Public Health internship will run through December 2021, with the opportunity to extend if desired. Spring and summer internships are available as well. This is a remote opportunity, but familiarity with the greater Sarasota community is extremely helpful. There are part-time and full-time options available. Occasional evening and weekend work may be needed. This is an unpaid career experience program; course credit may be provided if needed.
For consideration please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Arthritis Foundation
9500 Koger Blvd N, Suite #102, St Petersburg, FL 33702, US
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
5851 Nathan Benderson CircleSaraosta, FL 34235
September 13, 2021
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18