Administrative Assistant for IT
Administrative Assistant - Information Technology Vacancy No VN286 Target Staff Type Supported or Volunteer Work Location JAARS Waxhaw FTE 1.000 Position Summary
While reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Administrative Assistant will perform routine to complex duties, assignments, projects, and communication for the department’s team, related to administrative and department operations. The successful candidate will actively demonstrate initiative and innovation in implementing administrative practices that prove effectiveness, quality, and excellence on a daily basis. Acting in a supportive role to perform as requested by department staff.
The role will gain and apply depth knowledge of current and new departments' systems, applications, record keeping, filing practices and activities, including key coming projects and meetings.
- Administer complex calendar management and scheduling of meetings and individual meetings with department IT leadership, team members, internal partners and stakeholders.
- Perform and distribute technical documentation generation and technical note and minute taking for stakeholders in Process Analysis and Project Management; prepare notification for meetings which may entail follow up action items.
- Act as liaison with software vendors and suppliers to manage regular high volume billing and payments.
- Act as primary point of contact for inbound and outbound communication; direct communication and messages to the best resource in the department.
- Prepare on-going reports that provide updates on key activities and performance of the department, as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Audit and assess all systems and applications related to the administrative function of the IT department, gain operational knowledge of these systems, and actively seek new approaches to improve the overall productivity of these systems.
- Coordinate and organize steps and events around key activities to ensure a consistently excellent standard of work for the Administrative Assistant desk.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Minimum three years of experience, preferably in a senior administrative role, performing the duties outlined above
- Experience working across organizations that displays a track record of productivity and follow through.
- Passionate about documentation and process
- Able to multi-task and track activity across complex projects (formal project management experience is a big plus)
- Very comfortable with Google Suite, Excel, Outlook, Dropbox
- Excellent writing and communication skills that may entail technical reporting and writing
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who are committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their heart language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.