Greeter/Screener for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF BUTTE COUNTY INC
In collaboration with community partners, through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, CAA provides no cost tax preparation assistance to families and individuals with household incomes of $53,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers. We help over 1200 families annually to file accurate tax returns, putting needed money back into their budget and benefitting our local community.
- Provide knowledgeable answers to client question
- Greet all clients that are visiting the VITA site
- Screen Taxpayers to determine the type of assistance they may need
- Confirm the client has all the documents necessary for their Tax Return to be Completed
- Must be VITA Certified before the first VITA Site opening date (usually mid-January) VITA Certification requires approximately 40 hours to complete
- Be able to follow basic instructions and be reliable
- Report to Agency neatly groomed and wear clothing that is professional, appropriate for the employee's position
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practice discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive/private information
- Ability to communicate and provide assistance to people with disabilities
*Please let us know if you are able to assist possible Spanish speaking clients*
About COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF BUTTE COUNTY INC
PO BOX 6369, 181 East Shasta Ave, CHICO, CA 95927, US
CAABCI serves as a catalyst to reduce poverty and it's symptoms through: Providing quality services; developing resources; collaborating with others; advocating on behalf of the economically and socially disadvantaged; empowering individuals and improving the conditions in which people live, learn and work.
At Butte County CAA we provide hope to people struggling with poverty to become more self-sustaining by meeting tangible needs in the areas of energy savings, affordable food, and housing.