Stichting Ki Culture
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Ki Culture is a social impact nonprofit (start-up) based in Amsterdam. Our organization is looking for a Fundraising Officer to add to our growing team. Our work culture is collaborative, dynamic and fun, and our team is very dedicated to fulfilling the mission of Ki Culture, of promoting sustainability through culture.
We're seeking a Fundraising Officer to join our team on a volunteer basis with potential for part- or full-time employment. We are primarily interested in individuals with fundraising experience, but this is also a great opportunity for a student or recent graduate who is looking to put their fundraising knowledge into practice.
The ideal candidate should have fundraising experience and be comfortable working as part of a team and with other departments across the organization. The officer will work closely with our Fundraising Coordinator, administration and communications teams to ultimately procure funding for the organization. We are looking to acquire funding both for projects that we are developing and to cover the administrative overheads of the organization. Current potential sources include: institutional grants, corporates, nonprofit platforms (GlobalGiving and 1% for the Planet) and individual donors.
- Experience of fundraising from major donors, corporates, institutional grants and individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both proposal and report writing
- Ability to organise your time efficiently and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to take responsibility for your areas of work, and also be able to work collaboratively, seeking, encouraging and building on the ideas of colleagues
- Independent thinker, able and willing to take a creative approach to problem solving and deal constructively with change
- Discuss and be eager for feedback
- Good IT literacy, including using spreadsheets and databases
- Demonstrable understanding of and interest in Ki Culture’s mission and ability to communicate our values effectively
Your responsibilities include:
WE'RE BASED IN AMSTERDAM, BUT THE MAJORITY OF OUR EMPLOYEES WORK REMOTELY. SO YOU CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE PROVIDED YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organization’s fundraising strategy
- Research and identify new funding sources, regularly monitoring for opportunities, sharing with relevant team members and helping to plan approaches to them
- Write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals
- Coordinate with colleagues in the administration and communications teams to compile the information required for developing proposals in a timely manner
- Coordinate with ethics committee to ensure that potential funders align with the values of the organization
- Assist in managing a system for maintaining all contacts, information and deadlines for each grant award and new fundraising opportunity
- Help build relationships with new and existing donors
- Undertake learning activities in order to keep up-to-date with developments in funding practices and sources
- Support the Fundraising Coordinator with other duties for as part of the fundraising team where necessary
If this sounds like you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Fundraising Officer". Please include a brief email about yourself & experience, resume/CV. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Stichting Ki Culture
Binnengasthuisstraat 9, Amsterdam, North Holland 1012 ZA, NL
Ki Culture is committed to creating a sustainable future through the cultural heritage sector. We provide solutions to promote sustainable practices for professionals and leverage cultural heritage to effectively teach the public about sustainability - driving real, holistic change on a global scale.
Ki Culture is dedicated to promoting sustainability through culture. We support and help achieve the United Nations’ SDGs. Our approach makes sustainability easy to implement and accessible. The Ki Futures program is an international network of dedicated institutions and cultural professionals who have made a commitment to acting sustainably and provides the tools and support to actually make it happen. Our Ki Books are step-by-step guides which make sustainability tangible and actionable. In addition to supporting cultural professionals, Ki Culture believes in the power of culture to educate and connect people with core issues of sustainability. We work with partners across the globe to create exhibitions and education programs on various themes.
We are a diverse and inclusive organization with dedicated volunteers from all over the world bringing their perspectives and expertise to make Ki Culture a truly global player. We partner with leading organizations in the culture and sustainability sectors and were recently selected to the European Commission's Voices of Culture advisory group. We aim to make the cultural sector leaders in the transition to a sustainable future - and harness the power of culture to influence people and policy worldwide.