The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
We need volunteers who are passionate about our cause, mission, goals, projects, and programs and have proven interests in these fields and spheres that we represent.
The Content Creator will expertly research, write, and publish compelling content with a focus on SJEI’s social media channels, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium and our website's press release page. The Content Creator will also support print and audio content efforts.
· Develop content in written, visual and audio formats that inspires and encourages desired actions by key audiences.
· Create and manage the development of content that supports the organization’s mission and strategy through compelling storytelling.
· Ensure content is approved by SJEI leaders prior to publishing.
· Manage and effectively deploy content across a variety of marketing and communication channels to meet organizational objectives and to engage target audiences.
· Provide ongoing management and execution of content across channels - i.e., websites, consumer CRM, email marketing, printed materials, media and video channels, and social media platforms.
· One (1) year commitment
· At least five (5) hours per week
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or similar field.
Experience developing digital and print content. Experience with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, Squarespace, Twitter, Instagram, as well as blogging.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents of the organization. Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Achieving Results - sets clear, well-defined desired outcomes for work activity and tracks progress; demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them
Communication - demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts, ideas, and concepts clearly in writing and orally
Independence/Initiative - evaluates, selects, and acts on various methods and strategies to meet goals and objectives, even if objectives aren’t clearly defined
Planning - establishes plans that break complex projects into their component parts, each with its own timeline; organizes work into processes.
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.