Community Volunteer Leader (Virtual) Birmingham
American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
A Community Volunteer Leader (CVL) is a leadership volunteer who works in partnership with the Executive Director (ED) or Regional Executive (RE) with the primary goal of building capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission.
Partnering with the Executive Director or Regional Executive, the CVL works to build capacity to grow the volunteer base to deliver the local Red Cross mission.
The CVL helps recruit a volunteer workforce that is both inclusive and represents the demographics of the community and fills the specific need identified by the region.
This is accomplished through:
- Serving as an advocate, representing the Red Cross volunteer needs within a specific community.
- Sharing volunteer needs within social networks / circles of influence.
- Meeting with community groups and schools to share about volunteer opportunities.
- Helping build / regain/ enhance presence in the local community.
- Providing Red Cross updates to local service clubs (Rotary, Kiwanis, etc.).
- Participating in local community events as an extension of Executive Director or Regional Executive.
- Assisting with cultivating, managing and stewarding external partner relationships.
- Supporting routine meetings with key stakeholders (fire chiefs, mayors, veteran organizations, local media partners).
Ten to twenty hours a month
- Passion for the Red Cross mission and the community
- Demonstrated interest in promoting volunteerism
- A natural 'connector’; able to connect the community needs with American Red Cross.
- Able to be sensitive to others and personally work well in stressful situations with a wide variety of people
- Be a creative self-starter who is able to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Embraces diversity and inclusion and demonstrates understanding of the mission, vision, and seven fundamental principles
- Leads by example and demonstrates Red Cross values
- Ability to work in a variety of roles, including those of consultant, collaborator, and administrator
About American Red Cross - Alabama Mississippi Region
700 Caldwell Trace, Birmingham, AL 35242, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.