Become a Free2Succeed Community Mentor ~ Idaho Dept of Correction
The goals of the IDOC Free2Succeed mentoring initiative are to:
1. Help prepare incarcerated individuals to successfully transition from incarceration to community.
2. Reduce recidivism by providing additional opportunities for returning citizens to become productive members of their communities, and nurture societal, familial and personal responsibility.
3. Become stabilizers for families by providing services that build on family strengths and needs.
4. Reinvest in communities by promoting education, community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
3110 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, ID 83605, US
Free2Succeed is the Idaho Department of Correction's community mentorship initiative. Mentoring returning citizens through critical and often difficult times will not only provide necessary guidance and support but also, quite possibly, for their loved ones. Mentors come from all walks of life, all ages, and a variety of economic, social, and educational backgrounds.
As a mentor with Free2Succeed you will help fulfill the IDOC mission of protecting the public by:
- being part of the returning citizen's support system and ensuring a successful transition into Idaho's communities;
- by providing accountability, trust, and a positive relationship where none may otherwise exist;
- by developing partnerships with IDOC staff, faith-based organizations, and other community support groups and services;
- by providing opportunities for returning citizens to change;
- by providing comfort and encouragement through difficult and stressful times;
- encouraging the returning citizen to attend and complete required programs, and seek positive and edifying activities to develop social and problem-solving skills.