12 people are interested
Community Educators-Mandarin Speaking
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide education through to expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs in the Mandarin speaking community. Community Educators deliver Alzheimer’s Association Core Curriculum using via webinar technology using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Communicate effectively via webinar and deliver Association approved presentations.
- Adhere to Alzheimer's Association’s established curricula and position statements.
- Work with Alzheimer’s Association staff partners to identify and coordinate education programs that reach target audiences in the Mandarin community. Coordination includes securing program partner, scheduling, preparing presentations, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect members of the Mandarin community with additional Association services by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs and free 24/7 Helpline.
- Complete necessary paperwork for reporting.
- Proactive and passionate about the mission of Alzheimer’s Association.
- Bilingual in Mandarin
- Demonstrated success with public speaking, excellent presentation and education skills.
- Understanding of adult learning principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Experience with dementia as a family member or health care professional preferred.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are critical to the Alzheimer's Association, both in who we are and who we
reach. We welcome and encourage everyone to join the movement to defeat Alzheimer's.
115 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV7 Reviews
About Alzheimer's Association, Northern CA and Northern NV
2290 N. First Street, Suite 101, San Jose, CA 95131, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. Our mission: To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. Our vision, A world without Alzheimer's disease.
We provide programs and support services for patients, families, caregivers, and others in the San Francisco Bay Area affected by Alzheimer's disease and related disorders. Outside the federal government, the Alzheimer's Association is the largest research funder in the country and offers advocacy opportunities to make public policy change.
At the Alzheimer's Association, diversity and inclusion are vital to our mission. The Association leads strategic initiatives to support diversity and a culture of inclusivity. These strategic initiatives also strengthen outreach to all populations, providing communities with resources and support to address the Alzheimer’s crisis. By partnering with organizations locally and nationally to advance diversity and inclusion, the Association can broaden its reach in all communities.
3675 Mount Diablo BoulevardLafayette, CA 94549
March 28, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers commit to a 1-year term delivering a minimum of 12 presentations. On line training and role specific training
- Fluent in Mandarin, Zoom knowledge and proficiency a plus