Tax Preparation Volunteer for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF BUTTE COUNTY INC
In collaboration with community partners, through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, CAA provides no cost tax preparation assistance to families and individuals with household incomes of $53,000 or less, persons with disabilities, the elderly and limited English speaking taxpayers. We help over 1,200 families annually to file accurate tax returns, putting needed money back into their budget and benefitting our local community.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Review clients tax documents
- Schedule phone meetings with clients, as needed
- Prepare tax returns
- Return completed tax forms and documents to clients
- Provide knowledgeable answers to client questions
- Must be VITA certified before first VITA site opening date (usually mid-January). IRS provides online certification, 40 hour training commitment
- Tax professional or community volunteers who are willing to be trained (40 hours online training)
- Be able to follow basic instructions and be reliable
- Report to Agency neatly groomed and wear clothing that is professional, appropriate for the employee's position
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practice discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive/private information
- Ability to communicate and provide assistance to people with disabilities
About COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF BUTTE COUNTY INC
PO BOX 6369, 181 East Shasta Ave, CHICO, CA 95927, US
CAABCI serves as a catalyst to reduce poverty and it's symptoms through: Providing quality services; developing resources; collaborating with others; advocating on behalf of the economically and socially disadvantaged; empowering individuals and improving the conditions in which people live, learn and work.
At Butte County CAA we provide hope to people struggling with poverty to become more self-sustaining by meeting tangible needs in the areas of energy savings, affordable food, and housing.