Volunteer Victim Advocate
Washington City Police Department
The Washington City Police Department's Victim Services Program is looking for a volunteer victim advocate to assist victims, witnesses, and their families after a crime or incident by providing the following services:
- Crisis intervention with victims and families
- Referrals to supportive agencies, both public and private
- Liaison with Police Department and/or Prosecuting Attorney's Office
- Information regarding the status of an investigation
- Support during court proceedings
- Notice of hearings and court results
- Assistance with Protective Ordre and Civil Stalking Injunction petitions
- Information and assistance with application for Crime Victim Reparation funds for qualifying victims of crime.
We are looking for a compassionate and reliable individual who wishes to make a difference! Must pass a background check and drug test and must commit to at least 8 hours of volunteering per month. We provide all tools and training. Perfect opportunity for retirees and college students looking for criminal justice field experience.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Washington City Police Department
135 N. 100 E., Washington, UT 84780, US
The Mission Statement for the Washington City Police Department is foremost in the minds of our staff: To Protect and Serve those who reside in, or visit Washington City. Provide Professional and Ethical Law Enforcement, Public Safety, and Traffic Services. We are Committed to Engage the Community and Function as a Team, to achieve our Mission through Integrity, Honesty, and Enthusiasm while Encouraging Innovation and Productivity. We proudly display our Motto on our vehicles: Serve with Honor and Respect.
We are an outstanding Police Department focused on maintaining our high quality of life and increasing our partnerships with our citizens.