Virtual Program Hosts
GIGIS PLAYHOUSE INC
GiGi’s Playhouse Down Syndrome Achievement Center Westchester is currently looking for virtual program hosts to ensure that our programs run smoothly on an online platform. We currently offer a wide range of virtual porgrams for our community.
Volunteer Virtual Program hosts will begin the online programs, ensure the technology is working, support the program leader, engage and motivate the particpants during the program, share relevant information and monitor the platform. The commitment for this opportunity can range from 1 hour a week to 4 hours a week, but it would need to be a consistent day and time.
- Must be 18+
- Attend a one-hour orientation
- Attend one or two trainings and observations
- Once these requirements have been fulfilled, a background check will be required
About GIGIS PLAYHOUSE INC
720 SAW MILL RIVER RD, ARDSLEY, NY 10502, US
Our Mission and Purpose: To change the way the world views Down syndrome and to send a global message of acceptance for all. Our Vision: To see a world where individuals with Down syndrome are accepted and embraced in their families, schools and communities. Our Niche: We change lives through consistent delivery of free educational, therapeutic-based and career development programs for individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community, through a replicable playhouse model. Our Promise: A lifetime commitment to families.
GiGi's Playhouse Westchester is 98% volunteer led. We provide FREE and purposeful programs to our community from birth to adulthood. The programs that we currently offer are
If you are interested in any of our opportunities, you will be invited to a volunteer orientation (typically scheduled monthly) and then 2 observations are made.
- 3 and Under (support and playgroup);
- LMNOP (speech therapist led);
- Music and Movement;
- Destination Discovery (Occupational and Physical Therapist led);
- Kids Club (School-aged children)
- Playhouse Pals (school-aged children)
- Teen Tastic (13+)
- Fantastic Friends (adult program)
- Cooking Club
- GiGiFIT Teen
- 1-1 Math Tutoring (session based)
- 1-1 Literacy Tutoring (session based)