*Sedalia~Help Your Neighbor in Their Greatest Time of Need - Be a Disaster Responder
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
Please visit the new page to apply.
Every day people are forced from their homes due to disasters. Single and multi-family fires account for 90% of disaster responses for the American Red Cross. Compassionate and committed Disaster Action Team (DAT) volunteers respond day and night to meet the immediate needs of their neighbors.
Respond on-scene with other Red Cross volunteers to house fires, flooding, or other local disasters to provide resources, comfort and hope to the family members who have been affected. During COVID, how we respond may look a little different, but the fact is, we still carry out our mission every day. We are now practicing social distancing, wearing masks, and the use of hand sanitizer in order to keep everyone safe.
All training is done online and volunteer must be comfortable completing online training and online meetings with disaster dept.
What Our Volunteers Are Saying
- "I’m retired and was looking for a way to help in my local community. I love that I found the Red Cross because being able to help someone in one of their greatest times of need is a feeling like no other." ~Charlie V.
- "I watched the Red Cross help my Mom when she had a house fire and I knew I wanted to help give back any way I could. Now I am able to pay it forward for my Mom and our family." ~Laqueesha J.
- "I may not have money to give, but I have time." ~Taylor W.
- "It’s a wonderful feeling being able to help someone affected by a house fire, who literally, may only have the clothes on their back." ~Julie M.
Call/Text: 816-826-8392 | email@example.com
To schedule a convenient time to discuss your questions: www.calendly.com/mraynolds
About American Red Cross of Missouri and Arkansas
American Red Cross, 10195 Corporate Square Drive, St. Louis, MO 63132, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or through the generosity of blood donors, providing critical blood to people in need, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Sedalia, MO 65301
May 11, 2022
- Disaster Response
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- On call shifts available
- ~Safe driving record ~Training provided both online courses and hands-on with experienced volunteers.