14 people are interested
Book Sales Representative
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
The Community Literature Initiative (CLI) is seeking a Book Sales Representative to be a part of the World Stage Press team that publishes high quality, impact-driven poetry books. In this role, you will be responsible for the front-end sales of World Stage Press books and will be responsible for bringing in new clients and distributors to purchase World Stage Press books.
You will, in partnership with World Stage Press and CLI, play a key role in the creation of processes to improve and grow the sales.
Duties and responsibilities
- Build relationships with local and nationwide clients and distributors (e.g. libraries, bookstores, universities, schools, stores, coffeeshops)
- Engaging with prospects through email, social media, and/or phone calls
- Following up with past leads, previous clients, and current prospects
- Conducting sales strategy sessions to reach more clients
- Research and visit untraditional spaces (e.g. hobbyist stores)
- Manage the online sales channels and f ulfill book order requests
- Create and write monthly newsletters to email list server, in order to promote World Stage Press books
- Build and present weekly sales reports at staff meetings
- The ideal candidate is a people-person, who loves making connections with people and building lasting relationships. They will be self-motivated, assertive, amicable, and expressive
- Previous experience and/or connections to local bookstores is a plus!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, G Suite, Asana, and ability to learn additional software programs
- Highly skilled at networking, communication, organization, and oral/written presentation
- Well-developed interest in any of the following: poetry, creative writing, books sales
The Book Sales Representative will work from the office and from home. Some local travel may be required, in accordance to business needs.
World Stage Press Manager, Jerry Ayala
- 09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Community Literature Initiative
2702 W. Florence Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90047, US
Create an accessible, inclusive, and encouraging space for writers, poets, and artists alike.
The Community Literature Initiative is a Los Angeles based nonprofit organization focused on teaching writers in the city how to create poetry and fiction of a publishable quality. The CLI course is a 10-month (September to June) training program to refine works-in-progress into finalized manuscripts ready for publication. At the conclusion of the 10-month program, all participants are guaranteed a first-book publishing contract with one of our partnering Los Angeles Small Presses. At the conclusion of our program, all students emerge knowledgeable published authors! In addition to offering these courses, CLI staff & students teach free creative writing courses in local high schools.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 17, 2021
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Sales Marketing
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Morning shifts only (Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm PST). Field research and outreach may be scheduled outside those hours on, if necessary.
- Ability to work in person, if necessary.