Free Tax Preparer
Jackson County Volunteer Action Center
JCUW FITA Tax preparer/Quality reviewer provides value to the client in delivering a quality tax return, maximizing the client’s refund for FREE. The tax preparer/Quality reviewer is a part of the FITA team that is made up entirely of volunteers and helps on average 500+ clients each tax season to claim their entire tax refund, putting $600,000 back into the community each season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare accurate income tax returns.
- Understand the FITA process.
- Ensure accuracy of the paperwork.
- Ensure client is within scope of FITA guidelines.
- Complete a quality return within a specific time period.
- Review accuracy of tax returns prepared by others.
Willing and able to:
- Attend mandatory training session in December.
- Provide in late December an available schedule for January-April.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving parts.
- Be reliable and adhere to schedule.
- Deliver on-time results.
- Maintain clear and organized documentation.
- In-person option : If working in-person must be willing to with the public while wearing all mandated protective equipment.
- Virtual technical requirements : Must have computer (2 screens preferred) with internet access.
- Be encouraging, friendly and courteous.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to volunteerism and community impact work.
About Jackson County Volunteer Action Center
113 N Chestnut St., Suite 301, Seymour, IN 47274, US
The mission of the Jackson County United Way is to continually assess the needs of the people of Jackson County and improve their quality of life by raising and allocating funds for human care and developmental programs.
The Jackson County United Way Volunteer Action Center was created in November of 2010 to connect the volunteers of Jackson County to the agencies who are in need of their skills and services.