A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and much more!
Within this department, there are a number of different opportunities, from for-credit internships to roles for experienced professionals. For the Human Resources department, there are specific positions, such as Human Resources Assistant,Human Resources Associate, Human Resources Volunteer Benefits Associate, and Human Resources Recruiting Assistant.
For more information on these opportunities, please click here [link to descriptions].
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and participating in the interview and onboarding process for new volunteers and interns.
- Updating and posting job descriptions on multiple recruiting platforms.
- Serving as a liaison between all volunteers and the HR department.
- Evaluating resumes.
- Communicating with outside representatives.
- Scheduling and managing calendar events.
- Organizing and updating documents related to HR.
All volunteers applying to this position are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and effectively multitask.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive applications.
- Has or is working towards a degree in Human Resources.
- Responsible, detail oriented, self starter .
- 1-2+ years experience in related field
- Experience applying general rules to specific problems and recommending actionable solutions
Internships require a commitment of at least 2 days a week, 4 hours each day.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.