Bicycles are an essential service, particularly as a result of the pandemic's impacts on employment and opportunities for exercise. The Bicycle Tree exists to equitably support bicyclists and create healthy bicycle-friendly communities through activities, advocacy, and education.
We provide affordable bikes, parts, accessories, and repair services. We also donate bicycles to individuals in need, and are engaged with other efforts aiding bicycle users in our community.
We are in need of fundraising assistance to increase our capacity. We may be moving to a larger location as part of enabling these improvements, which carries a slew of associated costs.
We can definitely use the help of someone with development/fundraising experience as we pursue grants and donations from foundations and interested individual donors.
We equitably support bicyclists and create healthy bicycle-friendly communities through activities, advocacy, and education.
The Bicycle Tree is a nonprofit community bicycle center. We provide affordable resources for people who ride bikes. The COVID-19 pandemic has required that we put many of our programs on hold, please inquire regarding the status of these programs. We typically offer the following programs:
- Maintenance workshops: participants bring their bikes and learn to repair and maintain them, using the facility's tools and equipment and receiving the assistance of mostly volunteer mechanics.
- Wrench and Ride: an eight-week program open to youth ages 12-18 in which participants learn about bicycle maintenance and bike safety. Each student then selects a donated used bike that they overhaul from top to bottom. We go on a bike ride together, and they take their refurbished bike home along with a helmet, lock, and lights.
- Bicycle donations: we refurbish donated used bikes that we then give to low-income individuals in partnership with shelters and programs. A helmet, lock, and lights are included with each bicycle.
- Sales of bikes and parts: We help fund our programs through the sale of donated used bikes and parts and a limited selection of new parts and materials.
- Rides and events: We show art on our walls, hold bike rides, show bike-related movies, and engage in other events to promote bicycling within the communities we serve.
Children & Youth
Homeless & Housing
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.