33 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Internship: Fall 2021 and Onward
33 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Interns + Young Professionals
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of global and local women and girls? Are you eager to create a safer more equitable world for women and girls?
Are you in college? Are you a young professional? Do you believe women’s rights are human rights? Are you a HeForShe? Applications are now being accepted. Learn about UN Women programs, policies and projects with the UN Women USA Los Angeles Chapter! Interns have the opportunity to participate in campaigns, organize events, serve as delegates to local women-focused conferences and more.
UN Women USA LA is currently looking to bring on more design capacity to our campaigns and events. You will be working as part of the Design and Communications team to implement a wide range of projects from day-to-day design creation or marketing plans to strategic design planning for our campaigns and chapter events.
About UN Women
United Nations Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women was created to accelerate progress on meeting the needs of underserved women & girls worldwide.
UN Women USA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA advocates on behalf of UN Women locally throughout the Los Angeles region. We are currently seeking enthusiastic interns and young professionals to be part of an inspiring team dedicated to supporting UN Women projects that span 100 countries around the globe! Find us on all social media platforms @UNWomenLA
UN Women USA Los Angeles is currently seeking motivated interns. We are an inclusive chapter of like-minded individuals who aim to increase the number of people in the L.A. region who are dedicated to equity and gender equality, locally and worldwide. We are building a strong base and are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to become a part of it.
Interns support in the following areas and more:
Coordinate press releases and coverages of events;
Conduct media research;
Preparation of Press Kit;
General administrative tasks (Media database entries).
Support in developing and coordinating promotional and material(e.g. brochures, leaflets, online banners).
Event Planning and Membership:
Organize and support events (e.g. fundraisers, workshops, tabling, and other chapter events); Support in developing and coordinating event-related material(e.g. brochures, leaflets, online banners). Membership liasons
Conceptualize, design, and implement brochures, leaflets, online banners;
Development of the web page;
Support and production in developing promotional material (e.g. brochures, leaflets, online banners).
Preparation of petitions;
Connect global UN Women policy to local policy related to Women and Girls;
Gather and prepare information on advocacy efforts;
Attend and report on Los Angeles City Hall, court, and district meetings.
Partnerships and Fund Development:
General administrative tasks (Sponsor database entries).
Compilation and management of prospective donor lists, conducting related research online, and similar tasks.
- Experience or working towards a degree (BA, MA, MBA) in Women studies, Communications, Business/Marketing, Public Policy, International Development, Fund Development, Social Sciences, Graphic Design, or other related field;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Creative, open-minded, pro-active, dedicated, and motivated with a strong interest in Gender Equality.
- Proficiency in Social Media
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and Slack;
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, and video editing is a plus
- UN Women USA LA welcomes applications for interns with a strong work ethic who are able to work a majority of their internship remotely, as well as attend monthly Chapter Meetings. A minimum of 10 hours availability per week with a minimum of 6 months commitment is requested of potential interns.
- This is an unpaid volunteer/internship opportunity.
- Interns must currently be based near or in the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Interns meet once a week virtually and all chapter members meet every 1st Wednesday of the month. Members also meet for a number of chapter events and efforts throughout the calendar year.
- Interns work remotely and independently while having regular check-ins with the Intern Director and/or Intern Coordinator(s) via phone call, video conference, or in-person meetings (if local).
- Time Requirement: Varies. Min. 10 hours/week. Minimum commitment of 6 months.
How To Apply
All applicants are requested to send the following materials;
2. Two References (Name, contact information, and title)
3. Letter of Interest (Paragraph describing your interest in the internship program and what you feel you can bring in to our chapter.)
Please email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Internship Application Fall 2021"
Apply now - We look forward to reading your submissions!
FOR MORE INFO/INQUIRIES:
Visit our website at https://unwomenusa.org/greaterla
Like our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UNWOMENLA
About UN Women USA LA Chapter
2 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
UN Women USA LA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA is a multi-community-based effort. As such, we maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter strives to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. We endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- Graphic Design / Print
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 10 hours per week. Minimum commitment of 6 months.
- Ability to attend weekly intern meetings via conference call on Tuesdays from 11am-12:30pm PST, chapter meetings on the 1st Wednesday of the Month at 6pm PST, and occasional chapter events/efforts.