6 people are interested
Group Instructor for Non-profit Working with Homeless Clients
ORGANIZATION: Bridge to Home SCV
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
SCHEDULE: To be determined based on class schedule
Reports to: Shelter Manager or Residential Team Lead
Group Instructors provide educational programs, life-skills development, and other developmental activities that assist in providing the foundation for a safe shelter and moving from homelessness to housing.
- Group Instructors develop classes, workshops and group experiences in areas including but not limited to the following: financial management and literacy, maintaining an apartment, current events, sports related topics, community resources, shopping on a budget, fitness and exercise, cooking, self-care, systems navigation and more.
- Select a designated date and time that you can commit giving advanced notice to shelter clients and guests.
- Develop and lead each class with enough time to set up and prepare necessary materials to be successful.
- Engage with shelter clients and guests, taking questions and gauging client needs - adapting the curriculum if needed to meet client expectations.
- Report on attendance, outcomes, and related information to staff.
- Provide a follow-up for clients on the subject matter (if needed).
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Have two (2) character reference letters dated within the past 12 months
- Experience instructing groups in the area of expertise
- Present curriculum to the Volunteer Coordinator prior to commitment
- Be able to commit to a minimum of two (2) hours per week or a designated schedule based on subject matter
- Demonstrate the ability to read and write at an appropriate professional level
- Be able to communicate in a positive and confident manner to appropriately and successfully ensure the client needs are met
Impact: Instructor-directed activities in areas of interest to clients encourage them to become engaged and comfortable in a classroom and other settings.
About Bridge to Home SCV
23752 Newhall Avenue, Santa Clarita, CA 91321, US
BRIDGE TO HOME PROVIDES SHELTER AND SUPPORTIVE SERVICES THAT HELP INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES IN THE SANTA CLARITA VALLEY MOVE FROM HOMELESSNESS TO HOUSING.
We have three departments that currently have volunteer opportunities - Housing Corps, Shelter Corps, and Office Corps. We have several opportunities within these departments that meet specific program and organizational needs. Our focus is on assistance with housing our clients as well as engaging and creating opportunities for our clients to be productive community members. We strive to create connections with community resources in order to provide options and events for our clientele to participate and actively engage in their path to successfully obtaining housing and contributing to the community.
23850 Pine StreetSanta Clarita, CA 91321
April 28, 2022
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Must be at least 18
- This requires a minimum time commitment of 60 to 90-minutes per week or every other week of structured learning in a discipline or area of expertise decided on by the volunteer who will then develop a module based curriculum.