Red Cross: Virtual Receptionist- Oahu
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Virtual Receptionist for the ARCH headquarters- Operations Associate: Administrative Volunteer
- Respond to voice messages left on the Honolulu Headquarters public phone number. These messages are delivered via email. Some can be forwarded to appropriate staff while other messages will require you to call the person back with referrals or info. Currently, the average is 1-3 messages a day so time commitment likely a total of 2-3 hours a week. Messages left would increase if there was a disaster occurring.
- Must speak English fluently and without a heavy accent
- Must be professional and courteous, with a customer service focus
- Must enjoy talking with people, and be willing to do so over the phone
- Willing to work virtually and use personal phone to make calls
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Commit to checking Red Cross email 2x daily (once in morning and once in afternoon)
- Long-term (3-6mos+) commitment preferred
- Orientation, training and detailed information will be provided.
- Additional admin tasks would be given such as working with excel spreadsheets, word documents, data entry etc.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.