14 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: 2Life Communities
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
Program Summary: 2Life is in need of volunteers to help build residents’ confidence in navigating technology. Volunteers will provide one-on-one tech support in person in Computer Centers and in residents’ apartments when required. The tech mastery of 2Life’s residents varies; some residents are just learning how to send emails, while others are learning how to edit photos. Tech Tutors are not expected to solve every tech issue, they are asked to try their best!
- Meet with residents one-on-one either in campus Computer Center or in resident apartments.
- Train residents on using Computer Center PC computers, printers, and scanners, as well as Chromebooks and tablets borrowed by residents from 2Life.
- Train residents on using their own personal devices, which include laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Establish residents’ tech mastery goals, train residents on technical skills, write out lists of steps for residents, occasionally troubleshoot residents’ devices at a very basic level, etc.
- Basic knowledge of computers, tablets and smartphones
- Experience sending emails, using a smartphone, listening to audio books, uploading photos, etc.
- Ability to explain tech terminology using simple language and in multiple ways
- Flexibility, patience and a good sense of humor
- Knowledge of Russian, Mandarin or Cantonese is a plus but is not required
Time Commitment: Work with residents for 2-4 hours/week
About 2Life Communities
30 Wallingford Road, Boston, MA 02135, US
Inspired by Jewish values, 2Life Communities welcomes seniors from all backgrounds and enables aging in communities of engagement, connection and purpose by: Providing superior housing that is broadly affordable. Continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age. Building connections and community within our walls and in our surrounding neighborhoods. Promoting aging in community as a first choice.
2Life Communities, a nonprofit organization founded in 1965, operates on the belief that all seniors should have the opportunity to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic, supportive environment - a model we call aging in community, which directly combats the growing public health crisis of social isolation and loneliness amongst older adults.
At 2Life Communities, residents can step out the doors of their own apartments and find friendship, community, physical and intellectual stimulation, and a helping hand day or night. Serving a diverse population of 1,500 older adults, 2Life creates communities with a laser sharp focus on affordability - a tremendous concern given that Massachusetts is the state with the 2nd largest gap in the U.S. between seniors’ median income and the cost of living.
Please visit our website for the most up to date information on volunteer opportunities and to complete our volunteer interest form! https://2lifecommunities.org/volunteer
Multiple locations Brighton, MA 02135
September 29, 2022
- Cantonese / Mandarin
- Basic Computer Skills
- Orientation or Training
- Work with residents for 2-4 hours/week for (at least) 8 consecutive weeks