Virtual-CARE AND SUPPORT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Alzheimer's Association New York City Chapter
CARE AND SUPPORT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter, seeks volunteers to support office operations 15 hours / week across 3 days.KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Outreach community resource providers in NYC to gather data on available resources for individuals living with dementia and/or their caregivers.
- Input data in various databases and spreadsheets for the monitoring and reporting of community resources.
- Assist with the marketing review process by proofreading various materials.
- Ability to provide technical/audio-visual support for webinars and teleconferences.
- Assist with inventory control and replenishment to maintain adequate quantities of print and promotional materials for fairs/expos/meetings and other chapter use.
- Maintain organization of storage closets.
- Answer the chapter general phone number and route calls to appropriate persons.
- Proactive and passionate about the mission of Alzheimer’s Association.
- Must have strong administrative skills (e.g., detail orientation, good time management, and overall organization).
- Excellent interpersonal skills (i.e., written and verbal), as well as strong technical skills, including Google and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, work independently and collaboratively, to coordinate projects, and possess a strong work ethic.
- Experience with spreadsheets, databases, project management, and CRM systems (e.g., MS Excel, Access, Personify, Convio/Luminate) is highly desirable.
- Candidates must have a High School Diploma (Bachelor's degree, desired), as well as two years of relevant work experience.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds, bend and reach.
- Able to pass a background check: In order to be a volunteer with Alzheimer's Association, New York City Chapter, each candidate is required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning their service.
BENEFITS TO THE VOLUNTEER:
- 15 - 20 hours per week (5 hours / 3 - 4 days per week)
- Join a network of other volunteers, Alzheimer's Association staff and professionals and caregivers in the aging field.
- Serve your local community and people you care about.
- Increase your knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Be recognized in your community as a resource for Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Build your resume and skill set.
To Apply, copy think link to your search bar: https://bit.ly/3917Rsv if you have any questions, please reach out to: Jennifer at email@example.com
About Alzheimer's Association New York City Chapter
60 East 42nd Street, Suite 2240, New York, NY 10165, US
The mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through brain health. To learn more, visit alz.org/nyc or call the 24/7 Helpline 800.272.3900, anytime.
The Alzheimer's Association was founded in 1980 by a group of family caregivers and individuals who recognized the need for an organization that would unite caregivers, provide support to those facing Alzheimer's, and advance research into the disease.
Today the Alzheimer's Association reaches millions of people affected by Alzheimer's and other dementias. We are the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support, and research. You can help advance our mission by volunteering for one of our signature fundraising events - the Walk to End Alzheimer's or The Longest Day.