Development Assistant Volunteer
AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer (or internship), part-time, flexible remote work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment.*
Amalgamate is looking for a Development Assistant volunteer. In collaboration with the company’s Executive Director and Relationships Board Committee, the Development Assistant will provide fundraising support to implement and develop the resources to support the next phase of Amalgamate’s evolution. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will collaborate closely with Amalgamate’s Relationships Committee.
If you can commit a minimum of 5 or more hours a week working remotely on your own schedule with our team, we'd like to hear from you.
Who We Are
Amalgamate is a New York City based arts organization that offers transformative performances, trainings, and events around the world. Since its founding in 2004 as a contemporary dance company, the company has exponentially expanded its reach and grown in its vision. It is now preparing to relaunch in 2020 with bold, fresh initiatives and events.
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
The Development Assistant will support and implement a fundraising plan to grow awareness about Amalgamate’s work, expand the company’s donor base, and nurture its current donors and board members to inspire increased loyalty and support, while identifying and cultivating new board members. You will work remotely and on your own schedule, as well as in person to develop relationships throughout the community.
Please send us a resume and a customized cover letter that shows that you are passionate about what we do at Amalgamate. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. Please confirm your understanding that this is currently a volunteer position.
- Manage the administrative aspects of our upcoming Spring Gala.
- Oversee all donor, vendor, and staff communications and grow the base of current donors.
- Support the Board and the Fundraising Committee in development efforts.
- Meet Amalgamate’s annual contributed revenue goals for individual gifts for specific commissions and general operating support; maximize gifts from current donors; and expand the donor base by identifying, cultivating, and soliciting new prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrate ability to set and achieve annual fundraising goals.
- Capacity to design traditional and entrepreneurial fundraising strategies.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and an entrepreneurial work style.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of Development.
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished co-workers who are serious but also like to laugh a lot.
- Be part of an authentic enterprise and our relaunch.
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you.
- Make a difference!
About AMALGAMATE DANCE COMPANY INC
34 Garnet Road, Trumbull, CT 06611, US
Amalgamate’s mission is to make the world a better place by transforming the people in it-- one story, one event, one collaboration at a time.
PERFORMANCE & EVENT HIGHLIGHTS AWARDS:
- Commissioned Projects in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015 (14)
- Grant Recipient of the NYC Dance Response Fund, a program of Dance/NYC established by the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, 2013
- Artist in Residence at Bridge for Dance 2009-Present
- Fiscally Sponsored Artist with The Field since 2009
- Alana Selected for the Observership Pool 2011-2012
- Alana 2010 Recipient of Artward Bound through The Field