9 people are interested
Copy/Blog Editor for World Language & Cultural Diversity Blog Needed
ORGANIZATION: REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
ReDefiners World Languages believes in the power of intercultural education, multilingualism and community. Our team of educators has made it our mission to make language education a priority that is not only accessible to ALL but is standards based, meaningful and intentional.
We have been working hard to develop our public advocacy efforts through our blog. We have some great pieces published but need the help of a skilled editor to keep it going strong.
Here is what the role entails-
Our goal is to publish at least one blog article weekly, therefore, each article will be submitted through our project management tool, Basecamp, as a draft for you to review.
You will need to review and revise each article for:
- Spelling & Grammatical accuracy
- Keyword & meta tag inclusion
- Style and Structure
- Inclusion of citations as needed
- Check message integrity in relation to mission of organization
- Select relevant photos to article (from database of royalty free images)
- Schedule final drafts of the article to be published
Acceptance of this Volunteer Position with ReDefiners World Languages Means:
- You will become a member of our non-profit team
- You will treat your role as Copy Editor with professionalism
- You will commit to at least a 4-month term
- 5-Hours per week
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults through language and cultural enrichment programs.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 30, 2022
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Min. 4-months, 5 hours per week
- Experience copy editing, strong command of the English language, detail oriented