North Alabama Zoological Society
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
We are looking for an experienced person that can help out with writing grants for our education, conservation, and research initiatives in the Huntsville, Alabama area to help create a zoo and aquarium.
To us, the primary objective of this position is to be responsible researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process and the management of proposals.
The North Alabama Zoological Society is volunteer run and this is a volunteer position. There is an understanding from the organization that the selected volunteer will be using their own free time to accomplish the tasks of this position and their ability to commit time will vary. The organization only expects follow through on the tasks the volunteer has agreed to perform in the time agreed upon.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Develops and maintains a proposal calendar,
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Develops an annual grants strategy
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Preferred: 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- Must embrace the mission of the North Alabama Zoological Society
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Be organized and exhibit "follow through" on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Good time-management skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About North Alabama Zoological Society
4100 Market St SW Suite 100, Huntsville, AL 35767, US
To create a world-class zoo and aquarium that: 1) will connect the communities and visitors of North Alabama with the world’s wildlife and wild purposes; 2) will be a standard of wildlife conservation action, research, and education; and 3) will inspire a better tomorrow.
We are a wildlife and nature conservation and education organization located in North Alabama. While our main goal is to open a zoo and aquarium, we engage the community everyday in doing education and conservation service.