Help us build an engaging environment for our volunteers as a Volunteer Engagement Lead! (Lincoln)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Volunteers Engagement Leads are responsible for overseeing "The Volunteer Experience" for volunteers serving in the region and department of responsibility. They serve as a resource for supervisors, and communicate and carry out engagement plans set by Volunteer Services Engagement Lead for the region in all lines
- Consults with department managers on position on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
* Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
* Follows up with volunteers and department managers to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
* Consults with department managers regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting department managers in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
* Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other department positions, or if not a fit for the department to Volunteer Services.
* Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues.
* Leads ongoing discussions with requesting department managers about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
* Conducts exit interviews.
* Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service Work well both individually and with others Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
Volunteers who are not vaccinated against COVID-19 may participate in Red Cross events as long as they wear a mask. All volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask if requested by a client. Masks will be provided at each event.
For more information or to apply go to: https://www.redcross.org/volunteertoday
About American Red Cross of Nebraska-Iowa Region
2912 S 80th Ave, Omaha, NE 68124, US
Mission Statement: The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. Vision Statement The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that... ...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; ...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; ...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; ...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and ...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Since our founding by Clara Barton on May 21, 1881, the American Red Cross has been dedicated to serving people in need. We received our first congressional charter in 1900 and to this day we are tasked by the federal government with providing services to members of the American armed forces and their families as well as providing disaster relief in the United States and around the world.
Today, as throughout our long history, the Red Cross depends on generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
4600 Valley RdLincoln, NE 68501
July 29, 2022
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Professional Development
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Resource Development / Management
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training