CHESAPEAKE LANGUAGE PROJECT INC
Help Chesapeake Language Project refine their accounting systems to support their budgeting and reporting needs.
What You'll Work On
- Refinement of our Quickbooks Setup. We’ve been using Quickbooks for a few years but now that we are expanding we need help ensuring we are set up to classify things correctly. Help us design the systems and order for our Board Members to follow
- Train a Board Member to properly categorize and track future donations, income and expenses and generate basic reports in Quickbooks
Why You'll Love Volunteering With Us
- Gain samples of work & references to add to your portfolio
- Directly impact the immigrant community in Maryland and help a community organization succeed
- Work remotely & create your own schedule
About CHESAPEAKE LANGUAGE PROJECT INC
3505 ELM AVE, BALTIMORE, MD 21211, US
The mission of The Chesapeake Language Project (CLP) is to increase educational opportunities for immigrant students in Maryland by: Offering scholarships to immigrant students who graduate from a Maryland high school for post-secondary studies Providing guidance to immigrant students regarding educational options and opportunities through a comprehensive mentorship program Increasing immigrant families’ access to educational resources Strengthening support services through culturally-responsive professional learning for educators and community partners
Shift Perceptions. Shape Communities. Sharpen Minds.
In 2014, five educators came together with a common goal: to build an organization that would be more responsive to the needs of English language learners (ELLs), while creating opportunities to work with other like-minded individuals. As current and former ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) teachers, we believe strongly in the promise and fortitude of this diverse group of young people. We also know there is much more we can do to minimize the barriers that many of our students face while developing their skills and talents. With our shared passion and combination of more than 75 years in the field of education for ELL students, we knew that if we worked together, we could make a greater impact. This is how the Chesapeake Language Project was founded.