NHQ:HSO - Administrative Coordinator, Project Management Leadership Program
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Humanitarian Services Operations (HSO) team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). Assist with the development and administration of training materials and technology supporting the Humanitarian Services Project Management Leadership Program.
- Ensure consistency of Project Management Leadership program (PMLP) training materials with ARC brand guidelines
- Establish, populate and administer a repository for the storage and access to PMLP training materials, and project management tools & templates.
- Establish and maintain digital links in training materials that provide ease of access to support materials for program participants
- Maintain a list of PMLP Community of Practice (CoP) members.
- Periodically survey CoP members for their proficiency in project management subject areas
- Organize logistics (participant roster, location, materials, etc.) relating to periodic training events
- Organize logistics relating to periodic experiential learning sessions
- Establish mechanics to enable participants to attain learning credit for PMLP training sessions attended
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience coordinating business processes.
- Highly focused on details and consistency.
- Able to work independently with a good sense of when consensus/approval is necessary.
- Solid communication (oral and written) and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate through an organization and build relationships.
- Good problem solving skills coupled with process improvement mind set.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat, and strong familiarity with SharePoint.
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of and experience in applying industry-standard (PMI) project and portfolio management practices.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.