NHQ:BIO - Volunteer Partner - Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement - VMS
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Biomedical Services (BIO) department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. Volunteer Partner in the American Red Cross Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement is an individual who will be working with volunteer leadership to collaboratively help achieve national/regional goals. This position will serve an agreed upon term between partner and employee (director, manager).
- Provide advice, guidance, skills, knowledge and direction to increase positive engagement of the volunteer workforce within the department regionally or nationally.
- Develop a work plan outlining objectives, strategies, and tactics supporting the Biomedical volunteer manager's priorities. Setting clear, measurable realistic targets between manager and partner.
- Supports special efforts/projects involving Volunteer Management.
- Ability to assist with analyzing reports and developing data to support goals.
- Strong professional relationship between volunteer and Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement team. Both parties, (employee & volunteer) must be comfortable and satisfied with the working relationship with each other.
- Experience in collaborative approaches to achieving organizational success required.
- Experience in communication and intermediate proficiency with MS Office; including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers, paid staff, business partners.
- Organized with good time management skills.
- Experience in a teamwork environment required.
- Ability to provide confidentiality and trust between parties.
- Ability to use previous upper management skills to provide support.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.