Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US and Peru. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is currently looking for a Copywriter to support our external communications. The Copywriter will work to strengthen Rainforest Partnership’s digital communication.
Entrepreneurial: resourceful, innovative, and action oriented.
Efficient: organized and process/procedure driven.
Empathetic: respect and understanding toward other’s perspectives
Authentic: genuine and self-aware.
Positive: focused on moving us toward desired results.
Compiling RP’s Newsletter
Drafting social media and website communications
Flyer/One Pager Wording
Slide Deck Copy
Strong knowledge of the English language (grammar, syntax, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
Able to compose compelling narratives and stories under time constraint
Able to change writing style to match the media used
Punctual and deadline driven
Ability to learn quickly and skills to connect details into a wider perspective
Prior knowledge about rainforest or environmental topics preferred but not required
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.