Virtual Volunteer Coordiantor
Utopia Foundation, INC
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Create/Maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer assignment
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Assess needs for volunteer assistance
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations, to include Web Design, Digital Marketing, Brand Development, Fundraising, Business Strategy, etc.
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer, and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
- Conduct and/or arrange for volunteer orientation and training
- Schedule all volunteer activity and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
- Other duties may be assigned as appropriate
Education and Experience
- Possess a 2-4 year degree or currently working towards a related degree
- Have job-related experience in at least one of the following: managing volunteers or volunteer programs, leading teams and/or organizations, human resource management, recruiting
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to programs that involve volunteers
- Skills Proficient in basic computer applications, such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and internet usage
- Efficient record keeping skills
- Organization and planning skills
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Utopia Foundation, INC
n/a, Miami, FL 33143, US
Who We Are: An organization diligently seeking to: ease the pressure of financial hardship, combat the ever growing housing crisis, and create resources that serve as a catalyst for economic advancement for individuals and communities at large and doing so by partnering with the most efficient and effective nonprofits and government locally, nationally, and abroad in order to achieve sustainable social change.
What We Do:
Obtain land and develop sustainable 1- and 2-bedroom housing complexes for financially strained individuals and families for up to one year free of charge. Residents of Utopia will also receive free or reduced-priced groceries from our on site grocery store, childcare referral and instructions on gov child care assistance, job training and workshops, and free transit cards during the time of their stay. We will also further reach our beneficiaries by providing professional, strategic, philanthropic financial consulting and planning services (including investing, homeowners' classes, debt payoff plans, and savings accounts) as a requirement in order to ensure they are prepared when their time in Utopia has come to an end.