Northshore Senior Center
Purpose/Objective: Contribute to providing a healthy meal for seniors.
Location: Northshore Senior Center Kitchen
Time Commitment: Monday to Friday - 8:45 am to 1 pm
- Cook organizes and assigns tasks, assists in cooking
- Pack meals and prepare packets for food delivery
- Food Prep people assist in preparing the food according to proper health food guidelines and as assigned by the cook
- All kitchen volunteers help with making sure all tasks are done and the kitchen is clean and organized at the end of the shift
- Report monthly volunteer hours
- If you need to miss a volunteer time, arrange for another trained volunteer to take that particular time.
- Work with the leader to be sure everything is done accurately
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds
- Basic kitchen skills: cutting vegetable, cooking meats are a plus, but not a requirement
- Must be friendly and hospitable
- Must have current food handlers permit and submit a copy to Northshore Senior Center . https://www.doh.wa.gov/CommunityandEnvironment/Food/FoodWorkerandIndustry/FoodWorkerCard
- Complete volunteer application, sign a volunteer agreement and authorize a background check. (These items will be completed prior to starting.)
Training/Support Provided:One-on-one individual training provided. This training will be provided by an experienced volunteer, as assigned.
Thank you for your interest in and commitment to volunteering at Northshore Senior Center.
About Northshore Senior Center
10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, WA 98011, US
The Northshore Senior Center promotes healthy living & well-being in our community through programs, services, resources and civic engagement. We envision a community where everyone of all ages leads full, healthy and inspired lives.
The Northshore Senior Center is a fun, vibrant community hub, buzzing with activity. Through our nutrition programs, humanities classes (arts, literature, cultural exploration), activities for physical and mental well-being, local field trips and a multitude of social services-including programs for adults of all ages with special needs and family caregivers - we take pride in having helped develop several national models that have demonstrated a positive impact on the well-being of older adults. We strive to ensure that people engaged in our myriad programs and services receive the holistic support they need in an enthusiastic and positive atmosphere. Founded in 1972, the Northshore Senior Center is a local, non-profit organization. Our service area is primarily Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, Juanita, Mill Creek, Northeast King County and Southeast Snohomish County.