Cyber Non-Profit Needs Grant Writers!
Center for International Cyber Intelligence, Inc.
Official Job Title: Grant Writer
Division of Placement: Cyber Support Division
Supervisor of Grant Writer: Assistant Director
Job Description: A Grant Writer drafts and submits proposals to apply for financial grants from government departments, foundations, and other agencies. Before drafting a proposal, a Grant Writer researches the grant opportunities from various donors to determine the eligibility criteria and identify grants that are worth pursuing. They also prepare a few supporting documents for a proposal, such as cover letter, endorsement letter, document describing how the funds will be used, etc. A Grant Writer also follows up on a proposal and responds to donors’ queries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of the organization.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
Recommended Skills and Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in English, communications, creative writing, or a related area (master's degree preferred). Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process. Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization. Multitasking, organizational and time management skills.
About Center for International Cyber Intelligence, Inc.
241 Schramm Loop, Stephens City, VA 22655, US
To protect life and property on the surface, deep, and dark webs by providing training and resources to cyber investigators and their organizations throughout the world to combat human trafficking, bullying, terrorism, and other nefarious crimes that affect society.
The Center for International Cyber Intelligence, Inc. or CI2 was formed by a conglomerate of industry professionals in the realm of cyber and digital forensics, intelligence collecting, and cyber security. Based in Stephens City, VA, the core mission of the organization is to provide the most advanced and up to date training, support, and knowledge of cybercrime investigations methodology, techniques, and resources to investigators, analysts, students, and support personnel throughout the world. This includes training and certification in cybercrime investigations, resources for investigations, and support to law enforcement, information technology, and private agencies around the globe.