Online Internship/Social Media Manager/4-8 hours per week
The City Tutors
The City Tutors is looking for a Social Media Manager Intern. The internship would begin immediately. Over the last six years, City Tutors has been a program at CCNY, but recently we secured our 501c3 public charity status, and are in the midst of fundraising to sustain and expand our work in the new year. We served in the Spring over 2,000 students ages 5 to 65 through tutoring; and since mid-March, we have facilitated about 600 mentorships. Learn more about our programming here: thecitytutors.org Below you will find the job description and job requirements. The position is unpaid. Commitment is 4-8 hours a week. Scheduling is flexible. About Us The City Tutors (CT) is a NYC wide volunteer tutoring and mentoring hub that ensures historically underserved communities have equitable access to resources that are fundamental to educational and professional success. Internship Description
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support marketing team at live and online events
- Currently a junior or senior in college or a recent graduate with a major in a relevant field (e.g. English, History, Media and Communications)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google Suite (including Excel)
- Experience with major social media platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Interested in social media trends
- Must be able to provide a writing sample that, ideally, has been graded by a professor
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to work independently
Preferred but not Required
- Portfolio of work on Facebook, or marketing strategy
- Willingness to learn
Learn more about the City Tutors here:
About The City Tutors
92-24 Queens Boulevard, Rego Park, NY 11374, US
The City Tutors (CT) is a NYC wide volunteer tutoring and mentoring hub that ensures historically underserved communities have equitable access to resources that are fundamental to educational and professional success.
Our vision is to create a hub where any New Yorker can leverage their academic and professional skills and content knowledge to uplift their community and where disadvantaged communities can access resources that they need.
We see tutoring as a way to empower individuals to work in the community. We provide flexible times, convenient locations, and meaningful experiences, allowing more community members to participate and to support community partners for longer.
We believe tutoring must be a reflective act that both helps strengthen individuals' support of others and helps individuals better understand themselves. We provide our tutors with access to industry mentors who help connect the work they are doing with us with what they've done in the past and what they want to do in the future.
We believe in leveraging the workforce skills of our community of volunteers by pairing those in need of professional support with industry experts who can provide insight into specific fields and feedback on professional documents.
We see the City Tutors as an opportunity to bring people together under a common purpose. We want like-minded individuals to feel they are part of a fellowship, to build their network with people within their discipline, and to expand the disciplines and industries they've been exposed to.