Online Internship/Social Media Manager/4-8 hours per week
The City Tutors
The City Tutors is looking for a Social Media Manager Intern. The internship would begin immediately. Over the last six years, City Tutors has been a program at CCNY, but recently we secured our 501c3 public charity status, and are in the midst of fundraising to sustain and expand our work in the new year. We served in the Spring over 2,000 students ages 5 to 65 through tutoring; and since mid-March, we have facilitated about 600 mentorships. Learn more about our programming here: thecitytutors.org Below you will find the job description and job requirements. The position is unpaid. Commitment is 4-8 hours a week. Scheduling is flexible. About Us The City Tutors (CT) is a NYC wide volunteer tutoring and mentoring hub that ensures historically underserved communities have equitable access to resources that are fundamental to educational and professional success. Internship Description
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company brands on various social media websites
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Support marketing team at live and online events
- Currently enrolled in high school or college, preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Snap, etc.
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Interested in social media trends
About The City Tutors
160 Convent Ave, Shepard Hall 550, New York, NY 10031, US
The City Tutors mission is to use tutoring as a means to increase community engagement and cultivate community members' professional growth.
We are the tutoring program for CCNY's Colin Powell School and a community organization that serves programs across 4 of the 5 boroughs. Currently we provide in-class tutors to support adult education programs at 5 CUNY schools, including CCNY, BMCC, LaGuardia, City Tech, and Hostos (and its extension campus, CUNY in the Heights). We are also partnered with five non-profits that provide high school equivalency support to the populations they serve: Childrens Aid Society, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corp, Henry Street Settlement, Goddard Riverside Community Center, and (through the Department of Youth and Community Development) Moshulu Montefiore Community Center. Outside of adult education, we work with housing projects, high schools, and a nano-tech lab. For most of our opportunities, we put tutors in classrooms where they are collaborating with an instructor to support students. We also do one-to-one and small group tutoring. We tailor the support to the needs of the site. We are a great place to tutor if you are in college, a working professional or a retired professional.