Shelter Meal Service Volunteer
Volunteer will assist staff in organizing and delivering meals to individuals and families living at Tubman’s shelter for victims/survivors of domestic violence. The shelter is located at Tubman East in Maplewood.Impact & Benefits
- Contribute to a positive and respectful living experience for families in shelter
- Assist in providing a safe and healthy living environment
- Portion out and deliver individual meals to each room in the shelter
- Follow COVID-19 protocols to ensure safety
- Assist with clean up as needed
- Build positive, safe, and friendly connections with residents
- Communicate concerns to staff as needed
Time Commitment & Availability
- Friendly, supportive, mature, and reliable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, appropriate boundaries, and have good judgment in unexpected situations
- Understand and work from the agency’s set of values and philosophical approaches, including trauma-informed and strength-based care
- Ability to engage with a diverse group of clients and team members with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Must be 16 and older
Supervision & Training
- One consistent 2 hour shift each weekend preferred (with some flexibility): Saturday or Sunday, either 11 am-1 pm or 5-7 pm
- Attend Tubman’s Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Trainings
- Supervised by Shelter staff
Each year Tubman helps nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, homelessness, addiction, mental health challenges, or other forms of trauma. We provide safe shelter and housing, legal services, mental and chemical health services, and youth programs. www.tubman.org
We encourage applications from people of color, multilingual speakers, all genders, veterans, and people with disabilities.
3111 1st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
To advance opportunities for change so that every person can experience safety, hope, and healing.
Each year Tubman helps nearly 25,000 people of all ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds who are facing relationship violence, sexual assault, exploitation, homelessness, addiction, mental health challenges, or other forms of trauma. We provide safe shelter, legal services, mental and chemical health counseling, youth programs and community education.