HOPE ESPERANZA RESTORATION AND EMPOWERMENT CENTER INCORPORATED
PURPOSE: To give a families in need of social, developmental and emotional support the companionship of a caring adult.
- Responsible for meeting with the assigned mentee for the agreed-upon time frame (i.e., often weekly meetings for at least one year)
- Advocate for migrant families, assist with paperwork and enrollment (as needed)
- Act as a resource and guide
- Communicate with their mentee weekly-by telephone, in-person or email-to keep in touch about what is going on in their lives.
- Spend at least five - eight hours a month engaged in a mutually agreed-upon activity with their mentees.
- Serve as a positive role model by modeling desirable behaviors-e.g. patience, tolerance, and reflective listening.
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
- Honor, all commitments made to the mentee and The H.E.R.E. Center Inc.
- Be respectful of the mentee’s time, opinions, and decision-making.
- Be comfortable and able to establish appropriate boundaries with the mentee and her family.
- Be encouraging and supportive of the mentee
- Be 21 years of age.
- Have earned a high school diploma.
- Submit an application, 2 forms of reference, a copy of a photo ID and an auto insurance card.
- Pass a criminal background check
- Successfully complete an interview for a mentor position with The H.E.R.E Center. Inc.
- Exhibit a genuine concern for families who have experienced trauma.
Responsibility to The H.E.R.E Center, Inc. Program
- Check-in with the program manager once a month.
- Attend on-going trainings when needed or requested to do so by program manager.
- Complete evaluation surveys as requested.
- Recognize role as a mandated reporter and report any problematic issues.
- Be patient and understand the mentoring relationship is a process that takes work and time.
Matches will be made on the basis of interests, skills, background, knowledge and temperament of both the person and the mentor.
About HOPE ESPERANZA RESTORATION AND EMPOWERMENT CENTER INCORPORATED
11288 BURBERRY ST, WHITE PLAINS, MD 20695, US
The H.E.R.E Center is dedicated to providing holistic services to families who have experienced trauma.
The H.E.R.E Center is a multi-cultural 501c3 Non-profit organization, dedicated to empowering families from various walks of life. The H.E.R. E Center is committed to restoring hope through various programs, and services. We provide life skills, coping strategies, workshops, advocacy, seminars, mentoring, counseling services, job placement, utilities assistance, moving assistance and emergency placement to families in need. Through our services we empower and enlighten victims of trauma, providing the tools needed to live a fulfilled life. The H.E.R.E Center is a new agency, operating since March 2016. However, we have managed to service over 500 families within the DC. Maryland and Virginia area. Come, Be apart of the change and Join our team!