Vice President of Board Governance - Board Member position
Honor Yoga Foundation
The Honor Yoga Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit that supports well-being in communities by providing yoga-related programs to under-represented populations. The foundation exists to serve specifically those with economic, social or physical challenges that may prevent them from participating in mainstream yoga.
Goals of the Position: The VP of Board Governance is responsible for ensuring all nonprofit requirements are met and properly recorded including all charitable status forms across the states with which we operate are submitted and recorded as required.
Duties of the Position:
- Complete all required filing and yearly renewals as required by states with which we operate
- Complete, file, track and record the required filings - taxes, nonprofit status renewals, etc
- Coordinate with VP of Finance as needed
- Take care of the nonprofit by ensuring prudent use of all assets, including facility, people, and good will
- Keep up to date on legal updates impacting nonprofits and report to the board as needed
- Fulfill the role of fiduciary for the Honor Yoga Foundation - Ensure that the nonprofit obeys applicable laws and regulations; follows its own bylaws; and that the nonprofit adheres to its stated corporate purposes/mission.
- Ensure that the nonprofit's activities and transactions are, first and foremost, advancing its mission
- Recognize and disclose conflicts of interest
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of the nonprofit corporation; not in the best interest of the individual board member (or any other individual or for-profit entity).
- Arrange that Worker’s Compensation and Insurance documents are up to date and appropriate
Experience and Skills:
- Legal or governance experience
- Previous experience working with a Board of Directors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people from executives to board members to external parties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Benefits of Joining the Board:
- Complimentary Livestream membership to over 250 Honor Yoga live classes per month
- Complimentary access to Honor Yoga Now with over 250 on-demand classes in the library
- Attend an all-inclusive Board retreat per year at Orenda (excludes travel to and from location)
- Listing of your biography and picture on the Honor Yoga Foundation website
Hours: 10 hours per month
Board Term is through December 2022.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Honor Yoga Foundation
59 Lawrencia Drive, Lawrencville, NJ 08648, US
The Honor Yoga Foundation supports well-being in communities by providing yoga-related programs to under-represented populations.
The Honor Yoga Foundation was established in 2017 with the belief that the practice of yoga results in a greater feeling of community, connectedness, and gratitude. We work at bringing these beliefs to life through our yoga-related programs, supporting new and established yoga teachers through scholarships, and our lovingly prepared healing retreats.