Curriculum Developer (Educational)
Position Summary: Create content for courses focusing on competitive exam preparation for Individuals with Disabilities.
Qualification Required :
▪ Experience in Content development for competitive exams. (Preferred)
▪ Professional English proficiency. (Required)
▪ Experience working with PWDs (Required)
▪ Proficient with Computer, Microsoft Office, Google docs Programs ( Required)
▪ Proficient in Middle school and high - school Science and Mathematics
Essential Responsibilities :
▪ Work in a team to prepare the course curriculum for Math, Science and Critical reasoning subjects for exam preparation.
▪ Online research to produce a detailed self-learning course for students with visual disability.
Other Requirements :
▪ Accessibility to Computer/Laptop, Good internet connection and familiarity with social media platforms in specific WhatsApp and Skype
▪ Commitment towards the organisation for at least 6 months for completion of the assignment.
▪ Ability to work in a team to deliver consistent results.
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Flexibility to work around different time zones
▪ Able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
▪ Ability to take initiative, work individually or within a team
▪ High professional standards, including integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
▪ A sense of Accomplishment & fulfilment
▪ Letter of Recommendation from ARISE Impact
▪ Professional Development and an opportunity to learn new skills
▪ Job Opportunities by building your resume and network with others
▪ Have fun while collaborating with a culturally and geographically diverse team!
About ARISE Impact
#3265, Sector 35-D, Chandigarh, Punjab 160022, IN
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) Impact is a mission oriented non-profit enabling self-learning for differently-abled.
Act to Rise for Innovation in Special Education (ARISE) is a non-profit Charitable Trust headquartered at Chandigarh, and recognized with charitable status. We develop and disseminate self-learning resources for the differently-abled and marginal communities. Our philosophy is of self-learning leading self-awareness, empowerment and hence, focusing on increasing engagement with education and likelihood of employability over the longer term.
We started serving our mission first in 2010, with Special Education Module for Visually Challenged at Institute for the Blind, Sector 26, Chandigarh. Special Education Module is a talking audio resource compatible across various devices, especially mobile platforms. We conducted in-classroom on-ground research studies to build models of cognitive learning for visually challenged children and their skillset and learning gaps. Based on our research, we have developed over 200 SEMs and distributed to more than 300 visually challenged children in India. Our impact has shown in typical 21% increase in test scores, shifting second-divisions to first, and gaining 98-100% engagement levels with our SEMs.
ARISE was the winner NGO in the Mobile Usage category under eNGO Challenge Awards (2014) amongst 700 NGOs in South Asia region and a Social Enterprise partner for City Awake Conference in Boston, USA