Photo Retoucher Artist (Volunteer)
A Free Bird
This role requires artist to work with multimedia department manager to enhance digital photographs. This individual will be in charge of producing high quality content for A Free Bird and the digital reproduction for the programs within the organization.
- Use editing software to enhance images by correcting resolution and composition.
- Crop images and adjust tone, color, saturation and brightness of images as needed.
- Add or remove objects from images or insert text as needed.
- Retouch photographs provided by manager in a timely manner.
- Make adjustments and revisions on photographs under guidance of the Founder/ creative director.
- Background in Photography, Graphic Design or related field.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Responsible, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Must have an artistic eye and technical training in photo editing.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of the digital editing process.
- Must have a good understanding of the components of visual art and the elements of photography.
- Ability to adjust to changing work conditions and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Has worked both collaboratively with other team members and individually.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.